Get Woke, Go Broke. Fuck you, WotC.
Link to RPG Site forum post where list is located.
Link to PDF version of list that you can download right now.
Descrip: RPG Pundit – The List That Drives D&D SJWs Nuts
Someone on theRPGsite made a list of Woke, Woke-Collaborator, and normal RPG companies. The D&D SJWs have gone completely nuts about it. But they don’t debate the accuracy of it; so why?
The worst of the worst:
- Arc Dream Publishing (Delta Green) Delta Green Handlers guide has a whole section on Trump. They are actually more hostile to Trump than actual historical nazis.
- Arcanist Press Only make diversity products, they based their company on their politics
- Brittania Games (Chivalry & Sorcery, Land of the Rising Sun for 5e D&D) “… In this edition of the classic medieval fantasy game we have drawn on modern [i.e. Intersectional Marxist] research to present the Middle Ages as they really were; diverse and rich in cultural influences and visitors from outside Europe. If this does not reflect your vision of the Middle Ages, this is not the game for you.” and “… In this edition of the classic medieval fantasy game we encourage you to break away from the bland white, male Middle Ages of yesteryear and make your game as rich and varied as the Middle Ages really were. If this does not reflect your vision of the Middle Ages, this is not the game for you” -Marxists automatically go here.
- BurningWheelHQ/Luke Crane (Burning Wheel, Torchbearer, Mouseguard) It was painful to put this one here because I remember I sort of enjoyed reading burning wheel back when Burning Wheel Gold first came out, it had some interesting ideas however I cannot ignore the fact that Luke Crane and his company have extremely close ties with Anita Sarkeesian (Feminist Frequency). You can find their selfies together online, as well as a report of her position being official on their old forums and any support of gamergate was forbidden. If you’re a masochist here is a link however the old forums are gone and there is no link to the original post however you can easily find the interview with anita on youtube with Luke Crane.
- Evil Beagle Games/Sean Patrick Fannon Evil Beagle “Games is dedicated to the principles of Inclusivity, Diversity, Representation, and Kindness in the gaming community.” and went rambling on about critical race theory being a driving factor. Asked to be on this list as red. Also SPF has accusations of sexual harassment, see here
- Evil Hat Productions/Fred Hicks (FATE RPG, Swords in the Dark)– Another poster child for woke gaming. Embedded in everything from their forums, to their products and staff. Also produces Thirsty Sword Lesbians with Gay Spaceship Games. Has gotten products pulled from one bookshelf, and tried to deplatform others. Has official stances on politics and must be intersectional feminist to play his games. Openly tells you if you don’t like their politics don’t buy their games. Too easy
- Gencon A convention, but honorary assholes nonetheless. They go a bit ban happy, see Jeremy Hambley and the whole thing with “nu-tsr” despite being short lived. Jeremy Hambly AKA The Quartering on youtube was assaulted by someone at Gencon, and banned for being the victim of a crime at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was founded by Peter Atkinson, former president of Wizards of the Coast.
- Goodman Games (Dungeon Crawl Classics) – Tried to protect itself by distancing itself from Judges Guild and donating to ADL. Other than that, I can’t really find anything else on them. Praised BLM last year and donates to woke charities Charity Drive. There is now an announcement that the next printing of DCC will be in all gender neutral pronouns we aren’t sure what that means and released what sounded like a fairly politically driven warning for conventions. Also their convention rules go beyond what is reasonable DCO Policies.docx (goodman-games.com)
- Green Ronin (Blue Rose, Song of Ice and Fire RPG, Dragon Age RPG) – Chris Pramas is a self described member of ANTIFA Link (see his bio on twitter), has a vitriolic hatred for white people, and his products reflect this. Publishes “Blue Rose”, the gay RPG. Proto SJWs, they were making political statements in their games before anyone else was.
- Grim and Perilous Games (Zweihander, Flames of Freedom, Blackbird) Freakin Dumpster Fire, Official discord and forums heavily enforce Daniel fox’s politics down to having a bot that blocks any message using banned words. A bunch of names are on that list. Flames of Freedom openly preaches against colonialism and white people, and has a heavy dose of historical revisionism, which is a fair critique of a supposed historical setting. Has allegedly stated if you are anti sjw or anti woke that you do not buy or play his games and will pay you for your copy. Also allegedly a self described “anarcho communist” both of these need citations but based on my own interactions and findings seem like reasonable assumptions
- Judges Guild (Bob Bledsaw II) Anti Semitism, see Judges Guild Controversy
- Kobold Press Chapter 2 of “Guide to Gamemastering” has a whole section telling the reader to “check your privilege” and the whole thing kind of reads like a gender studies course or something. Actively disparages cis white males. Also known to charge writers for the chance to write for them, and then prides themselves on paying them a penny per word.
- Magpie Games (Avatar Legends RPG) Way into BLM and “Diversity and Inclusion, also hired Daniel Kwan from Asians Represent Youtube channel. They tried to get Oriental Adventures banned from one bookshelf and other storefronts. Market their game as non western storytelling.
- Modiphius (Infinity, Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition, Fallout RPG, Conan etc) Publishes some woke products, and feminizes Conan the Barbarian. Allegedly hires based on race. THese are also the current license holders for vampire the masquerade, which has been a trip to keep up with. See this Changes to Conan the Wanderer
- Monkey House Games/Jeff Dee: Enormous asshole and activist. If you are republican or conservative or Christian this hates you.
- Monte Cook Games (Numenera) Partners with Shanna Germain and wrote consent in gaming. Anything with Germain’s fingers on it is automatically red
- MyFarog/Varg Vikerness Owns the blog Thulean Perspective, did time for murder, self described Neo Nazi, regularly posts anti semetic remarks. There is a good case to be made for these ideas to be actually in his game as well.
- Ockult Ortmastare Games/Stockholm Cartell (Mork Borg) – Uses OGL to shoot down authors they disagree with. Supports BLM and bailing out rioters. View their License for yourself but we need some concrete examples of them actually using this Mork Borg 3rd Party License
- Old Skull Publishing/Diogo Nogueira (Sharp Swords and Sinister Spells) Was previously placed here for an unsubstantiated rumor, however has expressed a strong desire to remain in this category due to a strong feeling to those who don’t specifically share his views. Keeps close relationships with self described communists as well. It’s public on his twitter feed. Openly mixes politics with gaming as well Example: Experience Points: Oranoslob and the Cult of Hate and Lies (pontosdeexperiencia.com.br)
- Onyx Path Publishing (Chronicles of Darkness) Heavily enforces political requirements in their communities, games are full of post modernist and leftist themes and preaching to no end.
- Paizo (Pathfinder)– Has whole pages in their books telling you how you must play their game and be inclusive. Harasses customers, aggressively moderates forums against anyone to the right of stalin, Retconned Golarion lore to be more inclusive, starfinder even had an adventure where you needed to get a professor at a university to apologize for being insensitive despite being factually correct. No lie, first adventure path. Another AP for Pathfinder showed all men as incompetent, read like a tumblr blog and all the women were super powerful and if you didnt bring the black, lesbian, disabled ranger with you then you automatically lost. Iron Gods or something like that.
- Pelgrane Press (13th Age) “The thing about SWGs (Straight White Guys) is that they make great punching bags. ” Still need a citation for this but for now it’s going red. Also published #Feminism
- Renegade Game Studios (Vampire the Masquerade 5e) I believe these guys are the current name of who owns VtM. Not sure where to start with these guys, nonstop preaching, large chunks of their books will be ranting about fascists, right wing, and pretty much everyone they disagree with.
- Roll20 (Virtual Tabletop) Strongly supports BLM and woke titles, participates in fund raisers for those causes. Also refused to sponsor a live play by taking20, dawnforged cast and a few others because they “didn’t need any more straight white guys.” Not sponsering the video isn’t the problem here, it’s their reason is racist as fuck
- Sigil Stone Publishing (Five Torches Deep) Just read the last page in FTD Origins. Titled: “BIOESSENTIALISM, RACISM, AND COLONIALISM
Stygian Fox (The Things We Leave Behind, Occams Razor, New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley) A transgender owner and fully inclusive team including a sexual and bisexuals. Hires favouring trans, people of colour, IDIC, and other minorities. Each book contains a trigger warning system and most covers has ‘for mature gamers’. Produces Lovecraftian horror roleplaying books and often makes statements via twitter of inclusivity and stating ‘if you’re not like us, don’t buy our books’. Definitely Red. Almost infra red. ‘Woke’ AF.
- Wizards of the Coast (Dungeons and Dragons) – Harasses customers, diversity checkboxes, hires based on race, pedo judges, bans anyone they disagree with on social issues from all sanctioned events. True dumpster fire.